- Dept. ECE
- 1 University Avenue
- Lowell, MA 01854
- Telephone: 978 934 3333
- Fax: 978 934 3027
- Email address: Ziyad_Salameh@UML.Edu
A renewable Energy Laboratory that has three windmills 1500W, 500W and
300W installed on the roof in addition to 2500W of Photovoltaic panel all
connected to the renewable laboratory.
- Residential roof top Wind/Photovoltaic hybrid systems, stand alone
operation analysis, grid interconnected analysis, site matching, sizing of the number of batteries and the number of PV modules,
and the dynamic response to a wind gust and a passing cloud.
- Battery Evaluation Laboratory research includes modeling and performance
evaluation of all kinds of batteries.
- Electric Vehicle Laboratory consists of a fleet of three electric
vehicles on which research is being conducted on thermal management
systems, battery chargers, charging algorithms, and PV powered battery charging
1. Renewable Energy Laboratory: consists of three windmills 1500W, 500W and 300W in addition to 2500W of Photovoltaic panels , all located on the roof of the department building
2. Battery Evaluation Laboratory Consists of two chambers and 18
controllers that can charge or discharge batteries at any rate and at any
3. Electric vehicle Laboratory. The lab consistes of three electric cars.
The cars are supplies with diffefent batteries, battery chargers, Thermal
Return to University Research Capability