- University of Waterloo
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 200 University Ave. West
- Waterloo, Ontario
- Telephone: 519-888-4567 ext. 5355
- Fax: 519-746-3077
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.power.uwaterloo.ca
Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS),
Available transfer capability,
Computational techniques and Simulation
1. Nonlinear systems theory and its applications to electricity markets:
- Costing system security.
- Bifurcation analysis of power systems including HVDC and FACTS devices, and development of new methodologies and control strategies to avoid related stability problems.
- Development of efficient computational tools for the analysis of bifurcation problems in power system models.
- Applications of optimization techniques in bifurcation theory.
- Study bifurcations and chaotic behavior in detailed power system models.
2. Simulation, modeling and analysis of FACTS devices.
3. Network/distributed and web-based programming applications in power systems.
4. Development and use of computational tools as teaching aids.
Return to University Research Capability